Extracts from Orthodox Fathers to reveal God’s wisdom in our life
- Greek: Χριστός Ανέστη – Αληθώς Ανέστη
- Latin: Christus resurrexit - Vere resurrexit
- English: Christ is risen from the dead – He is risen indeed
- Spanish: Cristo ha resucitado - Verdaderamente ha resucitado
- Russian: Khristos voskres - Voistinu voskres
Immortality, the hidden meaning and how it is linked to Christ’s resurrection.
The Orthodox Church, also officially called the Orthodox Catholic and Apostolic Church and commonly referred to as the Eastern Orthodox Church claims to trace its development back through the Byzantine or Roman empire, to the earliest church established by St. Paul and the Apostles. Almost from the very beginning, Christians referred to the Church as the “One, Holy, Catholic [from the Greek καθολική, or universal] and Apostolic Church”.
Athanasius of Alexandria (Greek: Ἀθανάσιος Ἀλεξανδρείας), also called Athanasius the Great, Athanasius the Confessor or, primarily in the Coptic Orthodox Church, Athanasius the Apostolic, was the 20th bishop of Alexandria (as Athanasius I)